I want to update LibreOffice Help contents
Welcome and thank you in advance for helping us. We have a choice of topics to write about: take a look at this page and pick one subject you are familiar with or want to develop contents.
Tips for a LibreOffice help page:
- It does not have copyrighted contents, never.
- It is concise and precise.
- Its images must be neutral with respect to languages.
- It has examples or use cases
- It has internal or external references.
There are two ways to contribute to our help pages.
The very easy way, for newcomers
Short summary: Write a help page in a LibreOffice document and send it to us. We will turn it into a help page, freeing you of the internals of creating a XML help page.
- Download this example of a help page template into your computer
- Open it in LibreOffice
- Insert contents by following the instructions in the document
- Review spelling and grammar, check readability
- Send the document to us. Mail it to documentation at libreoffice dot org.
The not so easy way
Short summary: Edit the XML strings directly. Knowledge of the LibreOffice help system is necessary.
If you are comfortable with XML, git, gerrit you may want to follow these instructions:
Editing Help pages directly in Gerrit. It will allow you to edit a help page and submit your changes for revision and approval. Good knowledge on the Help is necessary.
Use the XHP Editor to edit a Help page and later submit a patch to gerrit.